Saturday 25 May 2013

Smith's Rosebud Salve




One of my favourite bloggers (from The Princess and the Frog Blog) wrote about Smith's Rosebud Salve a few weeks ago, and on a whim, I ordered some off Amazon to give it a go. I'd heard things about it before, with the words 'cult buy' and 'beauty classic' bandied about, but this glowing recommendation prompted me to finally go ahead with the purchase.

I paid £7.50 for it, which I suppose sounds a lot (It's cheaper in the US - $6 a tin), but I consider it totally worth it. I adore it for a number of reasons. Firstly, the tin is old fashioned and a sweet navy and white.  The texture of the salve itself is unlike anything I've tried before - I thought it might be like the rose Vaseline you can buy - but it's silky and almost gel-like, and so moisturising (and therefore non-sticky). Also, it is tinted a very transparent rosy hue, which is super pretty. Finally, it is divinely (but not too strongly) scented of roses!

Try it! You will be converted. I'm not sure I will ever buy anything else...!


E xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment